This on-line guide is divided into four sections:
- Current Schedule
- Process to confirm participating distributors
- Note ICR will send to your distributors inviting them to webinar
- Survey and Sample output
Current schedule of events
Here is the current timing of the program:
- 1/18/2013- Manufacturers submit input on survey content (round 1).
- 1/25/2013- Manufacturers submit input on survey content (round 2).
- 2/1/2013 – Deadline for manufacturers to select distributors to participate.
- 2/4/2013 to 2/15/2013 - ICR conducts webinars to educate distributors about conducting the process (they can ask questions)
- 2/15/2013 – Distributors receive distribution list template along with link and letter template to send to end-users.
- 2/18/2013 to 3/01/2013 - Distributors select end-users to participate.
- 3/04/2013 – Distributors invite end users to participate.
- 3/08/2013 – ICR sends status update to distributors
- 3/11/2013 – Distributors send first reminder to end users.
- 3/15/2013 – ICR sends status update to distributors.
- 3/18/2013 – Distributors send second reminder to end-users.
- 3/22/2013 – Distributors send thank-you to end users.
- 3/29/2013 – ICR distributes reports to all parties.
The first step is to confirm the participation of your distributors. Ideally, all distributors would be included, but that is not always feasible. ICR recommends selecting distributors for which your company represents an important part of their offering. Otherwise, feedback is unlikely to be meaningful.
To get started, ICR must have a list of all distributors your company wants to include. The Distributor Scorecard Sign-Up Template must be completed (all columns) and submitted to ICR. How you confirm a distributor’s participation is up to you, but feel free to modify this draft as you deem appropriate.
After that, ICR will do most of the rest. We will be updating you throughout the process to let you know status and ask questions if necessary.
Note ICR will send to your distributors inviting them to webinar
Very soon after you provide your list of distributor contacts, ICR will contact your distributors to invite them to a webinar to explain to them how the process works. The note will look similar to this text.
Survey and Sample Output
Click here to take the survey.
There are three basic outputs from the program:
- Distributor Performance outlines how an individual distributor rated in general. Each distributor gets a copy of this report; manufacturers do not receive it.
- Distributor Representation outlines how well an individual distributor represents a single manufacturer. Both the distributor and manufacturer receive it.
- Manufacturer Summary provides an overview of how well a single manufacturer’s distributors performed. Only manufacturers receive this report.
Formats may change slightly, and will additionally include all comments provided by respondents.